For each sandwich category (Classic, Classic Plus One, Classic Plus Extras, and Classic Dessert), the following prizes will be awarded in 2013:
- Vollrath’s 12″ SteelCoat Non-Stick Fry Pans with Tri-Vent Insulated Handles (a $67 value)
- $50 gift card to Vom Fass
- 2013 Wisconsin Grilled Cheese Championship apron (a $25 value)
- One year membership to Wisconsin Cheese Originals ($35 value)
- Two free tickets to the “Meet the Cheesemaker” Gala Reception at the Fifth Annual Wisconsin Cheese Originals Festival held at the Monona Terrace on November 1-2, 2013 (a value of $70)
- Wisconsin Grilled Cheese Academy apron ($20 value)
- Victorinox 9” Offset Bread Knife from Wisconsin Cutlery & Kitchen Supply (Suggested retail price of $30).
- Something Special from Wisconsin apron ($20 value)
The Best of Show prize for amateur competitors at this year’s Grilled Cheese Championship is a special treat. The winner will receive a $500 prize package from the Rittenhouse Inn in Bayfield, Wisconsin. The package includes a 1-night’s stay in a luxury tier guest room with a king bed, Lake Superior view, private bath and whirlpool tub. The Amateur Best of Show winner will also receive a bottle of Champagne or house wine to enjoy in your room, reservations for a romantic 5-course gourmet dinner (one evening),as well as a hearty 2-course Rittenhouse breakfast (one morning).
Every competitor will receive a participant ribbon regardless of the outcome of the event. Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for the open sandwich heat (e.g., Young Chefs may prepare any of the Classic, Classic Plus One, Classic Plus Extras, or Classic Dessert sandwiches as defined in the official competition rules). In addition, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will receive a $20 gift card from Orange Tree Imports.
For each sandwich category, professionals will be awarded 1st Place, 2nd Place, and 3rd Place trophies as well as indisputable bragging rights for one year! First Place winners will also receive a unique cast iron pan in the shape of the State of Wisconsin, donated by FeLion Studios and valued at $125!
The Professional “Best of Show” winner will receive a HUGE trophy, a $500 Sundara Inn & Spa prize package, indisputable bragging rights for one year, and the envy of all fellow competitors and more than few spectators!